Beyond the Woods
Everyone has a story - we want to hear yours!
Minimum 800 words, pictures not required but encouraged.
Although based in Sweden, the realm of Elfwood encompasses the entire planet. We speak different languages, come from different backgrounds, and our daily lives are led differently. While we are all artists and writers, some of us are Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Pagan, Islamic, or Atheist. We come from countries with different political policies. Some of us live day to day with war while others live in blissful peace. In spite of events that embroil our world, Elfwood goes on - but we are not left unaffected.
Talk about how you, your community, and what you do are affected by local/world events. Give background to events if possible/needed.
Or, tell us how Elfwood has influenced or affected your life. Has your life changed because of Elfwood? Did you meet your spouse or boyfriend on Elfwood? Have you found opportunities as a writer or artist through Elfwood and its related communities? We'd love to hear your stories!
This is -not- investigative reporting, nor is it a forum to voice opinions about something you don't like. We want to know about what is already happening - not something you make happen.
If you would like to write for this column, please send us an email to submit AT woodworksezine DOT com with the following information:
Include a brief description of what you would like to write about.
Flash Fairy Tales
Flash Fairy Tales are retellings of classic fairy tales or beloved children's stories.
There are a few guidelines to remember for submissions:
* 1000 words or less
* Fairy Tale Retellings or Reimaginings
*In the email that you submit, please include the name of the original fairy tale on which your story is based.
* Stories should be proofread and edited before they are submited. Stories with lots of errors simply will be rejected.
* Woodworks retains first publication rights. This means your story should not appear on your shelf, on your website, or anywhere else until we've either accepted and published it or rejected it, or four months have gone by from your original submission without a reply.
* If your story is accepted and published, we'd like to ask that you wait until next month's publication before having the story appear somewhere else.
* Stories can be sent in at any time. However, only stories received before the first of the month will be considered for publication in that month's issue.
Send submissions to flashfairy AT woodworksezine DOT com
Articles or Reviews
Do you have an idea for an article, or would you like to review a film, book, comic, etc, for an upcoming issue?
Please send a email to editor AT woodworksezine DOT com detailing what you would like to write about. Please refer to past issues so a recent topic or review is not duplicated. Article and review requirements differ, so you MUST send a query letter beforehand.
Think you have what it takes to become a member of the Woodworks staff? Send an email to hr AT woodworksezine DOT com detailing what you would like to do, including article or column ideas. If you are an artist, please note that our cover assignments fill up quickly, but we do have a need for interior art to accompany articles.